Skip to main content

Blue sky lights the nested green peaks of Mt Mansfield.



Are you looking for images to use in State of Vermont Communications? We can help!

The Chief Marketing Office maintains a collection of State-owned photography for state employees to use. This collection is stored on the State's Digital Asset Management platform, known as Bynder. If you are an employee or a marketing vendor working with a State entity and would like to access this collection of images, please complete the State of Vermont State-Owned Photography Collection Microsoft Form

Contribute to the State-Owned Photography Collection

If you are a State agency or department and have just completed a photo shoot, please consider sharing a selection of images with our Office to add to the State-Owned Photography Collection. Another department might be able to use some of your images down the road, saving Vermonters the expense of doing that same photo shoot a second time. 

Having more images to choose from in the collection benefits us all, and will also reduce the problem of certain images being ‘overused’ in State communications. We have the ability to restrict certain images — requiring specific permission for each use — if that level of control is needed. 

Please contact us if your agency or department has images they would like to add to the State-Owned Photography Collection.

Getting Permission to Use Images

If your agency or department is planning a photo shoot, or will be taking photos at events or of projects for future use, please make sure to secure appropriate permission from any individuals in your photographs. If an individual is identifiable (could be recognized), you need to have them give you express permission to use their photograph. On the contrary, if there is 'no expectation of privacy,' such as taking photos of a crowd, or of a speaker at a public event, you would not need to get permission from everyone in that scenario.

The CMO has three distinct image release forms available for use:

The same image release forms can be used for still photographs and for video. Please provide a copy of all release forms to the CMO for our record keeping if you opt to share images for other State entities to use.